This fruit cocktail is pretty in pink (sugar) & perfect for summertime. Made in 20 minutes or less – it’s a great recipe for National Fruit Cocktail Day!
3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
2 oranges, peel removed,cut in segments and diced
2 tablespoons white rum
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
sugar or pink tinted sugar (optional)
red food coloring (optional)
lime slice (optional)
- Mix the strawberries, pineapple, oranges, rum, the 2 tablespoons sugar and lime peel in a large bowl.
- Let stand, tossing occasionally until sugar dissolves. About ten minutes.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of sugar on a plate.
- Add one or two drops of red food coloring and blend until tinted.
- OR, just spread the pink tinted sugar on a plate.
- Dip rim of martini glass in water, then the sugar, to coat the rim.
- Spoon in fruit and juice.
- Slit a lime slice to garnish the side of the glass.