Memorial Day is around the corner and, with the warm days ahead of us, this refreshing cool drink is the perfect remedy. You can make this drink in 2 versions, one for the adults with alcohol and one for the kids without. We first tried this while having lunch at the Green Turtle Inn in Islamorada ,Florida Keys and every time we make it for guests it’s a big hit!
- 1 6-ounce can frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups seeded watermelon – cubed
- 12 oz seltzer or club soda
- Lime or lemon slices (garnish)
- 4 oz vodka or rum (optional)
In a blender, combine pineapple juice concentrate and watermelon. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into four goblets. Divide the sparkling water among the four goblets and stir to combine. Garnish each glass with a sugared rim and a twist of lime or lemon.