For even more flair – pair with your favorite champagne from France.
- small cucumber, scrubbed well
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill weed
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar red salmon caviar
- fresh dill sprigs, garnish
- 8 thin slices whole wheat bread
Slice cucumber into 1/4″ rounds. In small bowl mix sour cream, dill, and pepper. Place one teaspoon of the sour cream mixture on each cucumber round. Top with caviar and dill sprig. Toast bread, cut into shapes using your favorite cookie cutter, and butter. Place toast shapes around outside of serving platter, cucumber rounds in the center, and serve immediately,.